Open Monday to Friday: 09h00 to 17h00
The SSMU Security Department is responsible for all items turned into Lost and Found. Items turned into Lost and Found should be those items from our building and not from the campus at large. For items found on campus please take them to McGill Security Lost and Found.
All items are tagged and entered into our database. If your name, student number, or telephone number is anywhere on the item we will do our best to get in touch with you by phone or email. All items turned into the Lost and Found will be kept for 60 days. At that time, all unclaimed property will be disposed of according to the established procedures.
Unclaimed textbooks will be resold on the SSMU Marketplace and monies will be donated to The Old Brewery Mission. Textbooks that are out of date will be donated to charity.
Other unclaimed items will be disposed of by donation to nonprofit agencies which include, but are not limited to, The Salvation Army, Sun Youth and MADD Canada.
If we do not have your item when you first check in with us please wait a few days and check back with us again. Items often come to our office via you the students or our tenants which can take time.
Lost Something? Don’t Panic!
- Take a quick minute to thoroughly check your belongings. Be sure that the item is not hiding in your purse, book bag, pockets or other personal effects.
- Retrace your steps and proceed to areas you last remember having the item like classrooms, lab areas, restaurant area, media space, tenant locations or even the restroom.
- Talk to professors, TA’s or staff who may have seen the item
- File a Lost Item Report
- Call our front desk for further assistance at 514-398-6800
- Cancel your cards
Our Lost and Found is located on the first floor of the Student Services Building, 3480 McTavish in the SSMU General Office, Suite 1200 (which is on the west side of our main floor).
- Please be a Good Samaritan and turn item(s) you find in SSMU in to us.
- Bring the item to the SSMU General office reception area located in room 1200 of the Student Society Center from 9h00 to 17h00
- Gert’s Bar on the ground floor (S1 floor) from 17h00 to close
- Items can also be turned in to our porter’s office
To Claim an item
- Stop by in-person at the SSMU General Office
- Accurately describe the item(s).
- Provide picture identification upon claiming.
- Sign for receipt.
Tips for helping yourself!
- Write your name on books, notebooks, binders, everything you can. It helps us contact you.
- Respond to emails sent to you by us promptly so that we can arrange a pick up. If you cannot pick up your item in the allotted time we can make alternate arrangements for you.
- Have important items like laptops, phones, iPods, bikes, etc engraved with the S.T.O.P. service, or have your items engraved with a code you create for your belongings and/or register your electronics with services like Find my iPhone (Canadian students, click here; American students, click here).
- When filling out the Lost and Found Form make sure to include as much information as you can remember.