The Students’ Society Awards of Distinction are designed to recognize students who have demonstrated a combination of strengths in both extra-curricular activities and academics at McGill University.
Scholarships valued at two thousand dollars ($2000) each, will be awarded. To be eligible, a candidate must be an SSMU member who will have completed twelve (12) credits during the current academic year (as of April 1st 2013 ) and be studying at McGill or another academic institution in an undergraduate program in the 2012-13 academic year.
All applications must include the following:
- A brief cover letter with an affirmation of authenticity, signed and dated:
“To the best of my knowledge, I certify that the information on this form is accurate and correct.”
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes a factual list in chronological order of an applicant’s principal extra-curricular activities.
- A short (less than 1 page each) response to the following essay questions:
(a) What have been your most significant contributions to the quality of student life at McGill University? Why?
(b) What are your long-term goals? How have your academic endeavours contributed to the achievement of theses objectives?
- A self-assessment of financial need, similar to that used by the McGill University Department of Financial Aid.
- A complete, official transcript from McGill. If you have extenuating circumstances of which you would like the selection committee to be aware, please provide the necessary documentation.
- 2 letters of recommendation.
- From an individual who can attest to the significance of the applicant’s contributions to student life,
- From an instructor at McGill University
Applications can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or in person to the Vice President University Affairs at the SSMU Office:
3600 McTavish Street, Suite 1200
Montreal, Quebec, H3A 0G3
Deadline for submissions is April 1st 2012.