The Gerts Student Life Fund, established in 2006, supports events held by members of the Student Society of McGill University (SSMU) in Gerts Bar. The money, donated by Boréale and McAuslan, may be issued for, but is not limited to, events, conferences, and productions of an academic or social nature. Any member or group within the SSMU may apply for funding for such initiatives.
Applications will be reviewed by the Gerts Administration of the SSMU and funding will be granted in accordance with the following guidelines:
- The initiative must contribute to the betterment of student life;
- The initiative must benefit the community over and above the organizers directly involved with the initiative;
- Requests must be made by a member of the SSMU;
- Members of the SSMU must be responsible for and involved in the overall coordination of the initiative;
- No members of the SSMU may be restricted from attending or participating in the initiative notwithstanding the SSMU’s affirmative action clause;
- The initiative must have a specific time frame determined in advance;
- Requests must be made at least one week prior to the scheduled date of the initiative;
- Funding will only be granted once per fiscal year to a group;
- Certain criteria mentioned above may be waived for unfunded Tier III McGill Athletic teams.
- A Gerts Student Life Fund request form;
- A letter of introduction, clearly detailing the initiative and its objectives, expected participation, benefit to the SSMU community, and a history of the initiative; and
- A comprehensive budget overview indicating expected expenses and revenues (including funding from other sources) related to the initiative;
Publicity for the initiative must include the Gerts logo in conjunction with the words: “Assistance provided by the Gerts Student Life Fund”. Failure to do so will result in the loss of funding.
Please submit completed applications to Natasha Geoffrion-Greenslade, Gerts Bar Manager (email@example.com) or at the SSMU Front Desk.