SSMUfest night 1: Winter Activities Night!
*TUESDAY, January 29th*, from 4:30pm-8:30pm in the entire SSMU Building!
Date changed due to flooding — clubs, see cslistserv.tumblr.com for updated information!
Your Students’ Society oversees over 300 student groups you can get involved in! But the Activities Night kickoff to the “SSMUfest” week of workshops and mixers will be different from the Activities Night in September; while the cafeteria and ballroom will be full of tables of groups seeking new members and offering services to students, there will also be performances and other activities to check out — and even food! (*workshops cancelled due to room booking conflicts/the date change, and there will no longer be a table or performances in Gerts.)
SSMUfest day 2: Community Engagement! CANCELLED.
We will reschedule the events originally scheduled for today for some time in February.
- 3-5pm, Tuesday: “Engaged and Confused” workshop, presented by the Social Equity and Diversity Education office’s Community Action toolkit program! Lev Bukhman Room (SSMU 2nd floor)
- 5-6pm, Tuesday: Community Engagement mixer! Now’s your chance to network: hang out with other clubs interested in community engagement, with snacks and information about volunteering opportunities around Montreal! SSMU Ballroom (3rd floor)
SSMUfest day 3: For New & Old clubs! Wednesday, January 30th
- 5:30pm-7pm, Wednesday: New Clubs 101 workshop and Q&A: Just approved for interim status? Couldn’t make it to the intro workshops in the fall? This workshop is your chance to ask all your questions and learn about the basic requirements of maintaining your SSMU club status and the new & improved procedures for applying for full status. With your devoted SSMU Interest Group Coordinator Enbal and VP C&S Allison — Lev Bukhman room (SSMU 2nd floor).
- 8pm-closing, Wednesday: CLUBS & SERVICES MIXER! The best part about getting involved in SSMU Clubs and Services is the people… come celebrate all your hard work at our favourite campus bar, Gerts! (SSMU basement)
SSMUfest day 4: Funding & Budgeting! Thursday, January 31st
- 3:30-5pm, Thursday: SSMU Funding Workshop and Q&A — all you’ve ever wanted to know about how to get funding from $$MU! (Lev Bukhman Room, 2nd floor SSMU)
- 7-8pm, Thursday: Budgeting 101 – complementary to the Funding workshop and application process but also a useful skill as a member/exec of any student group, come learn how to write a concise and useful budget (and club audit tips!) from your VP Finance & Operations and VP C&S! (Lev Bukhman Room, 2nd floor SSMU)
SSMUfest day 5: Student Space and the SSMU Building! Friday, February 1st
- noon-5pm, Friday: Summit on Student Space! Open to any interested SSMU member (come drop by for as much time as you’d like!), during this time SSMU Executives will be leading a discussion of the state of “student space” across campus and a vision for the evolution of our own SSMU Building. Come learn about the state of event/meeting/hangout space in the Shatner building and share YOUR vision of what you want to see in it! (and enjoy some free snacks!) Madeleine Parent (formerly known as Breakout) Room (SSMU 2nd floor)